Pages

Wednesday 11 April 2012

My Husband's Birthday Gift

I always love to get gifts and especially surprise gifts. Unfortunately, my hubby is very boring in giving me gifts as he can never decide what to give. In fact, it’s impossible for him to give gift to anyone without my suggestion.  So it’s always me, who keep giving surprise gifts to him on my wedding anniversary and his birthdays. This time when my hubby’s birthday was coming, it was a really tough for me to give something unique and unusual which he can never think of it.
After 2 weeks of brainstorming and internet search, I got the idea of giving customized birthday chronicle/newspaper to him. 
It was like a “bingo” expression for me when I zeroed down on birthday chronicle but there were many challenges also to create a customized birthday chronicle. So, like a project, I have divided the segments of the newspaper.
I contacted my hubby’s friends to send some birthday wishes for him and their most memorable stories. I have pen down our lovestory for one of the segment. I listed down his likes, dislikes and his irritating habits for the column. I also created a funny horoscope for his coming year and written an introductory message just like a celeb.
Then I created “Times of India” logo in word and arranged all the write-up in a newspaper format. It took me almost 2 nights to arrange everything. It was the most tiring job as I also need to hide it from my hubby. Finally I took a printout of A1 size and was ready to give surprise.  Here is the picture of birthday newspaper.



On his birthday, I got up early in the morning and was waiting for the newspaper. Oh God!!! The wait was killing me, never in my life have I ever waited for a newspaper. As soon as I got the newspaper, I removed the front page and put my customized birthday newspaper.  Since my hubby has taken a leave on his birthday, so he was sleeping till late. I was really getting impatient to show my surprise to him. Finally my hubby got up and as his usual habit went to the door and picked up the newspaper.
He got the shock of his life. Without glasses, he just saw his name in the newspaper and loudly he said, “OMG!! My name is on the front page.”.  I couldn’t stop laughing seeing his face.  He was stumped with my surprise and than seeing me he realized, it was my way of saying happy birthday to him. From his facial expression, I knew it he loved my surprise birthday gift.

15 comments:

  1. Very creative idea for a present and I am sure your hubby loved it. :)
    Happy Birthday to your hubby :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. What an idea.. And Kudos to you for implementing it! Great! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You seem to have gone through a tremendous amount of time and effort. In the U.S., it is common to get a person's photo on a personalized magazine or newspaper for birthdays and holidays.
    In India, I am not so sure, but through modern technology there is http://www.freedownload3.com/software/Birthday_Newspaper_Software.html, and others which I found through google.co.in.
    In any case, it is "the thought that counts" and I am sure your husband appreciated the effort you put into it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Micky,

      I got the idea of customizing the newspaper from one of US blog. I know its very easy there to make personalized magazine or newspaper but in India, I never heared of it.Thanks for sharing the link, but I wanted to give an authentic look to the paper, so I have created the logo of newspaper which comes daily in my home.
      As you rightly said, its the "thought that count".

      Delete
  4. OMG! This is so romantic!
    Am so going to do this for my Wife's bday. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Navin!!! Truly He wa samzed with my gift... Try it, I am sure she will love it :)

      Delete
    2. thats great richita..

      a good idea and a good post

      Delete
  5. Wonderful idea.. Me too gonna try the same trick with my Wife!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ruchita.........such a lovely idea......

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely idea!!! Sounds like fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thats a really romantic post. :D Loved this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so awesome. :D I made a handmade thing wayy back. when I was in grade four. for my family. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute! Will definitely try out!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.